Q: What is Teleradiology?
A: Teleradiology is the electronic transmission of radiological images of patients such as CTs and MRIs from one location to another for the purpose of consultation, interpretation and reporting.
Q: What are the benefits of Teleradiology?
A: Studies show that more than 20% of imaging interpretations in the US will be provided through teleradiology. Some of the reasons mentioned include:
- Cost effective compared to on-site staff expenses
- Increasing cost of malpractice insurance makes teleradiology the safer option
- Teleradiology is HIPPA compliant
- Lifestyle changes are profound—no geographical and time constraints, service on your terms
- Keeping pace with IT advances is costly and time-consuming